Monday, January 28, 2008

President Hinckley

I was so sad last night when one of the local news stations announced that President Hinckley died at his home. I cried and Ayda was so sweet, she kept giving me loves and patting me and saying, "shhh mama." I know he is in a better place and I know he is with his sweetheart. But, for a selfish reason I wanted Ayda to know him like I knew him. When we pray if I say bless the prophet she says "Hinckey." It is so sweet. I love President Hinckley for his sense of humor, his example to those who were LDS and who were not. He showed love toward everyone. He was a great missionary and will be missed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally understand what you mean about wanting your children to know President Hinckley. I cried as well knowing that Preston wouldn't know President Hinckley liked I did. - Kjerstin Lind, Travis' cousin.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I am so thankful that our children that have known about Pres. Hinckley were blessed with that knowledge. I only wish that all of the grandchildren who haven't known him had learned to love him as we do. Such a beautiful man & the funeral was so special. Grandpa & Grandma Gower watched all day long.