It didn't look that bad (this happened Monday night) we iced it and on Tuesday it had a bruise and then this morning it was starting to swell shut. Up to the center we went to get his second infusion and his eye was so bad they decided to keep his IV in and we will give him his third dose of factor tomorrow.
You read that correctly, we will give him his factor (into the line in his hand) and then pull the IV out. I have already flushed the line once (to make sure it doesn't get clots) and will do that one more time tonight. Then in the morning I will mix his factor and give it to him. I feel like a real grown up!
I would be a liar if I said it didn't make me nervous...because it does. But, the nice thing is the line is already in his vein and as long as he doesn't pull it out tonight we will be set for tomorrow. Here are some pictures of his eye and one of his arm (all bandaged up to hopefully keep him from pulling it out.) Wish us luck!
(coming soon a fun filled hemophilia blog: thebloodygoodlife.blogspot.com)